[Equest-users] LEED 2009 Energy Performance

Otto Schwieterman oschwieterman at fhai.com
Mon Feb 27 13:45:00 PST 2012

Michael,

I would assume that the reviewer wants to know if there is an adjacent
building, trees, etc. that would affect the heating and cooling load.
You can model this by creating an exterior wall that is the same size,
shape and distance from the building as the shading source. It may be a
good idea to add the wall to a "Dummy Space" so it does not affect your
load to a specific room.

Table 1.4 of the EAp2 LEED spreadsheet has a fenestration and shading
section and it includes shading devices. I typically included overhangs
and automatically controlled shades and blinds in this section.

Otto