[Equest-users] unusual geometry in eQuest

David C. Fishel David_Fishel at rlfae.com
Wed Feb 29 10:27:04 PST 2012

Hi Julia,

In the wizards you can specify a less complicated outline that eQuest can better understand.  Perhaps you can get close enough to your actual roof to make envelope related energy decisions.  You may need to use a simplified outline with less vertices.  All of these must be outside your footprint you defined.

Once you have this under roof space modeled you can change it to conditioned space in the detailed edit mode so it adds the appropriate loads to your model.

-David

David C. Fishel, PE, LEED AP
Senior Energy Analyst

RLF has moved! Please update your records accordingly.
4750 New Broad Street, Orlando, FL 32814
p 407.730-8600 | f 407.730-3603| www.rlfarchitects.com

AIA Florida’s 2010 Firm of the Year
 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail