[Equest-users] Building Envelope Comparison

Jain, Sunayana sjain at ftch.com
Wed Jan 4 14:35:37 PST 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to compare a mixed use building type for its building envelope ( for roof, exterior walls and windows with ASHRAE 90.1 -2007 baseline). I have maintained HVAC , Lighting and misc loads as default in eQUEST.

The proposed roof, walls and windows R and U values are fairly good.

Can anyone throw some light on  range of percentage savings on should expect?

I have run the eQUEST program by maintaining two files to compare the envelope. I have never tried parametric runs so far.  Do you think parametric runs should be a better option here?

Your responses will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sunayana Jain