[Equest-users] Invalid argument error - 3.64 version

R B slv3sat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 20:27:53 PST 2012

I know that there was some discussion while back regarding invalid argument
error. Since then, has anyone been able to get rid of it successfully? Can
the developers chime in to what is causing it and how to avoid it.

I am getting this error on almost every project except for really small
ones. Mostly it is during the wizard data entry time, more towards the end
when lots of components have already been added - do not want to go to 3.63
version since it is not as conducive to faster data entry, and lacks some
of the user friendly features. Sometimes it crops up on perfectly running
files (for example, just today I had almost finished the whole analysis,
had done the parametric runs multiple times, and then just made a change
and the error crops up. I managed to get it to run by restarting the
computer again. Is it something to do with the file size, computer memory,
etc.? I know that the number of components are within the limits. I am
trying to keep the zoning, shells, windows, systems, to a minimum, but with
some buildings as large as 500-700,000 sqft, there is only so much that can
be done. I am also seeing this on models that I don't think are large at
all.

Appreciate any pointers that can resolve this.
-Rohini