[Equest-users] External Light Load

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Mon Jan 23 08:46:06 PST 2012

Hi Rakesh,

Noting that you've entered 6.41 kW instead of 8.26 mentioned earlier, it
looks like you're using the correct detailed mode inputs.

I can't qualify whether 12 hrs every day is "correct" (a fair enough
approximation if everything is 100% photocell controlled*), but you've
recognized to assign a custom schedule as well  so assuming that's put
together correctly (as described previously) you should find your annual
consumption to be 6.41*12*365 = 28,075 kWh

If it still turns out lower, I'd verify the schedule has accounted for
holidays/weekends and is in fact 100% for 12 hours daily.

~Nick

* PS:  Those interested can create a set of photocell-based schedules to
import into their projects that will vary exterior lighting sensitive to
the changing day lengths over the year.  I've posted instructions in a
thread that can be found within the archives.  Search for
"PHOTOCELL-CTRL problem"

NICK CATON, P.E.

SENIOR ENGINEER

Smith & Boucher Engineers