[Equest-users] Heating Only Zones

Hall, Brendan BHall at karpinskieng.com
Wed Jan 25 06:44:45 PST 2012

Hey all,

I need help with a comment that I got back on my final review.  I have a 4 zones that are heating only, two are storage rooms with only unit heaters and two are vestibules with air curtains. I was told I need to put cooling into those spaces identical to the baseline per Table G3.1 Proposed 10d. Makes sense. I am using a system 6 so  I switched my system type to package single zone so I could have DX cooling to match the baseline and electric heating to match my proposed in the same zone. My question is in what air volume and fan energy I should use. Should I use the CFM and fan kW that was scheduled or let it auto size at 20° dT and use the ASHRAE fan energy equation? It seems that either way I go I am either going against putting in the proposed building as scheduled or having identical cooling in both.

I am in the position of having to appeal so I need to get this to a satisfactory point on the first try. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Brendan Hall, M.Sc., LEED AP BD+C
Engineer, Mechanical
karpinski
ENGINEERING