[Equest-users] Exterior insulation vs Exterior with Cavity insulation

nic ffonics at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 15:01:03 PST 2012

Again thank you for the insight.  I have attached heat transfer graphs from
eQuest that demonstrate (I believe) what you were getting at between the
different constructions' rates.  As for the utility rates, I have yet to
explore anything beyond a simple structure so peak demand shaving could
come into play here.  THe peak is showing something far better than the EUI
for that run in particular, but the HVAC energy in both kWh and Total Mbtu
are even worse at ~ 18% under the baseline.

Another monkey wrench shows up when I increase the thickness of the
continuous insulation with an improved R-Value of 18 ( > 12.)  Again the
results show a decrease in savings of 1% worse than ALT 1.