[Equest-users] Modeling of courtyard

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Mon Jul 9 08:18:11 PDT 2012

Hi Sheelam,

There are multiple approaches used commonly to effect exterior/interior courtyards with the eQuest wizards, chosen by preference of the modeler.  For unconditioned (exterior) courtyards, I find the shell "cutting method" most intuitive.  Attached are a few past discussions that include illustrations of the concept.  These and many more similar discussions reside in the mailing list archives.

I encourage you to subscribe and post directly to the mailing list in the future:  equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org - I'm merely one of many contributors and you'll often find addressing a larger body conducive to a quicker response.  The other advantage is you can get a representation of many perspectives that way as well, and no single individual has all the answers =).

Best of luck for your endeavors!

~Nick

NICK CATON, P.E.
SENIOR ENGINEER

Smith & Boucher Engineers
25501 west valley parkway, suite 200
olathe, ks 66061
direct 913.344.0036
fax 913.345.0617
www.smithboucher.com

I am Sheelam Khare doing M.tech from Malviya National Institute of Technology,Jaipur,India-302017.I am using the e-quest software for building performance simulation.The building on which i am working is three story (G+2) having 'T' shape courtyard at the center of the building.I have seen some mails,but unable to model the courtyard.So give me suggestion regarding this.

Sheelam Khare..
Energy Engineer
Malviya National Institute of Technology,Jaipur
India-302017
Contact-09587179916