[Equest-users] Supply air static pressure reset in eQUEST

Sami, Vikram Vikram.Sami at perkinswill.com
Sat Jul 7 20:55:45 PDT 2012

I'm trying to incorporate supply air static pressure reset in a VAV system - where the static pressure resets lower as cooling demands decrease. I have a two part question:

1. How do I capture this in eQUEST. I've been through the archives and it seems that the way to do this is by modifying the fan curve - is this the only way? There' one post from 2002 (http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/bldg-sim-onebuilding.org/2002-October/000777.html) that references this being added as a feature - has that happened?

2. If the building is looking at adding supply air temperature reset - will static pressure reset really do much? Assuming the cooling load drops and the supply air temperature gets reset higher - you will be moving close to the same amount of air - so I would think that the pressure reset wouldn't do much - right?

Thanks for your help (in advance)

-Vikram