[Equest-users] Internal Wall Problems with Wizard

Robby Oylear robbyoylear at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 08:52:45 PDT 2012

Omer,

The simplest way to ensure that eQUEST defines the NEXT-TO property
correctly is to make sure that each interior wall only interfaces with one
other interior wall.

In the situation you describe where you have an interior wall that is
adjacent to more than one zone, I would typically split that interior wall
into two or three walls by adding vertices at each of the intersections
between the zones and the interior wall that spans them.

Here's a sketch of what I'm describing:
[image: Inline image 1]

Hope that helps.

Robby Oylear, PE, LEED AP