[Equest-users] eQuest DetailedMode

Busman, Michael R MBusman at chevron.com
Thu Jul 19 14:22:43 PDT 2012

Andrea,

If you want to remain within the simplicity of wizard mode and want to compare alternative plants (i.e. electric centrifugal vs. screw vs. absorption chillers), you could use the EEM wizard to set up your comparisons.  Looking at the ES-E reports in the detailed simulation output will show the energy, demand, and total energy cost by run.  The difference between runs is the savings.

If you want to get very specific in your plant definition, such as defining performance curves for a specific chiller based on manufacturer's full and part load data at different water temperatures, I think you'll need to switch to detailed edit mode.

Mike Busman

Michael R. Busman, CEM
Lead Project Engineer II

Chevron Energy Solutions
A Division of Chevron U.S.A., Inc.
145 S. State College Blvd.
Brea, CA  92821
Direct  714-671-3561
Fax     714-671-3438
eFax   866-420-0335 (Include my Full Name followed by "CAI:MHTZ" on Cover Sheet)
Mobile 310-387-2083
mbusman at chevron.com