[Equest-users] Temperature in weather data

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Wed Jul 25 04:43:48 PDT 2012

This is not possible at present without changing the DOE-2.2 source code
to read a weather input file with decimal values.
When DOE-2 was first designed in the early 1980's, memory was a big
concern, so the weather data was reduced to integers and then packed,
which is why the DOE-2 *.BIN file is so small (146K). I have actually
developed a modified file format for *.BIN where I save an extra digit
of precision, i.e., temperatures to 0.1F instead of 1 F, but the source
code would also need to be changed slightly to read this extra
information. I've mentioned this to the developer of eQUEST/DOE-2.2 and
will be experimenting with
making this change to the source code. If and when it's proven to work
and gets incorporated into DOE-2.2, I'll let everyone know. I welcome
anyone who thinks this is a useful modification to send me an e-mail. It
might spur me on to do something!

Joe

On 7/23/2012 2:44 AM, 蔡昀芝 wrote:
> Hi, everyone:
>
> We know that eQUEST can edit personal weather data.
> But the dry-bulb and wet-bulb temperature in weather data can only
> enter integers.
> Is it possible to have more precise temperature to decimal place?
> Thank you very much.

Joe Huang White Box Technologies, Inc. 346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D
Moraga, CA 94556 (o) (925)388-0265 (c) (510)928-2683
www.whiteboxtechnologies.com "Building energy simulations at your
fingertips"