[Equest-users] HRV Modelling

Samantha MacHardy SMacHardy at pemi.com
Thu Jun 7 09:16:03 PDT 2012

Hello!

I'm working on modeling a Student Learning Centre and am having a bit of trouble with modeling an HRV. I go to the Air-Side HVAC and edit the Heat Recovery to say:

Device Installed - Yes
Device Type: Sensible HX
Effectiveness: 0.7

with everything else left as defaults to each of my systems. In my end results, my Domestic Hot Water and Space Heating are over 97% better, and my cooling is 50% worse than the reference. These numbers aren't making sense but I can't find much help anywhere with HRV in EQuest. Any help you could provide would be great!

Thanks!

Samantha MacHardy, B. Arch. Sci.
Energy Analyst
Provident Energy Management Inc.