[Equest-users] VAV system not providing enough heat

Liam O'Brien obrien_liam at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 21 08:52:22 PDT 2012

Hi All,
I'm trying to model a simple VAV system with DX and a HW loop, as per 90.1 Appendix G System #5. However, despite having (all auto-sized) preheat (to 55F), heating coils and baseboard heating the indoor air still runs 10F less than the heating setpoint - in the low 60s - and I have at least 100 unmet hours in each winter month (for Toronto, by the way). I literally used the default settings for a VAV system from the DD Wizard and added more heating capabilities (because the space was WAY underheated before that).
Thanks in advance,Liam O'Brien