[Equest-users] Boundary condition for a seismic gap

Jason Quinn jason.e.quinn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 21:19:52 PDT 2012

I'm modeling a building that is next to another conditioned building
but they don't touch. There is a 1 foot gap between them that is
semi-enclosed (sheet metal around the sides and top (It is a seismic
gap). If the buildings were touching or had a REALLY small gap I'd
treat this surface as adiabatic but this case feels different.

I'm considering modelling this as a semi-conditioned space to take
partial credit (treat as a "room" with insulated walls and no
heating/cooling). Any other approaches that folks have used for this
situation?

--
Jason Quinn
Lead Engineer