[Equest-users] PVAVS heating and OSA

Turner, Erik eturner at DLRGROUP.com
Thu Jun 7 16:32:34 PDT 2012

eQuest experts,

I received some excellent support on an earlier issue from folks here
and have come across another item that I haven't found info for while
searching this forum.

Description of pertinent part of model:

*         PVAVS system

*         OSA requirements defined at zone level as hardcoded CFM values
(OUTSIDE-AIR-FLOW)

What I intend to have modeled is the unit providing 55degF tempered
RA/OA to the boxes, which will take the rest of the load.

Issues I've run into:

*         Heating coils in central units have capacities of zero (per
SS-P) but there is a load to the system (per SS-J). It seems I need to
use HEAT-SET-T to enable a central coil, but putting that value at 55
doesn't do anything (if I make it larger the central coil sees some load
but I don't want the SAT to be above 55 nominally).

How does one go about specifying the supply air temp from a the central
unit in PVAVS system?

While trying to troubleshoot I was trying to output the outside airflows
in hourly reports. Only applicable data I saw to output was under
thermal zone "Hourly zone OA/total flow for DCV calculation" Is this
only used if you have DCV? How do you check your OA flows to zones if
you are not using DCV?

Thank you!

Erik