[Equest-users] DX Cooling Option

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Fri Jun 15 08:50:36 PDT 2012

Hi Eric,

Re-reading your posts, I'm now uncertain I understand the context of your concerns... are you getting unmet cooling hours, or if not how/where are you observing cooling "not occuring?"  When you say "if any cooling shows," how/where are you making that observation?

If the heart of your concerns is the greyed-out "n/a" input for cooling option in the detailed edit windows, you'll find that input is only applicable to certain system types on reading the associated help entry - this can be a non-concern if conditioning is occurring.

One means of confirming heating/cooling is occurring is to examine SS-O report "space temperature summary," keeping in mind a correctly operating system without unmet hours should float around and between your heating/cooling setpoints.  In climates like ours (KS), if cooling is not occurring at all you'll probably observe a majority of hours above the 75-80 bin.  A more detailed means of observing space temperature behavior is to generate an hourly report for the zone(s) in question.

Another interpretation I have for your situation suggests pointing out you can define more than one system type in the wizards, and assign to zones accordingly using the zone allocation screens - you aren't restricted to one system per shell or anything.

Hope something here hits the mark =)!

~Nick

[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.