[Equest-users] Supply CFM based on heating / cooling mode

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Wed Jun 20 15:10:38 PDT 2012

I have a few thoughts/ideas, in no particular order – maybe something here helps:

Note these flow inputs exist for the system and zone level – you could be editing one and looking at results for the other.

I think MIN-FLOW-RATIO (minimum flow ratio) can override the (optional) heating minimum flow input.  Required ventilation capacities can override either as well if I’m not mistaken – maybe worth checking.

Just to point out:  a MIN-FLOW-RATIO of 1.0 means the flow will go no lower than 100% of what’s specified (or calculated) for SUPPLY-FLOW.  Consider carefully if and where that should apply to fans in the system you’re modeling.

Another thought is at least some of these zonal inputs will default to the system’s values if you aren’t specifying them separately… perhaps your central system is in cooling, using 1.00, while your terminal units are in heating and you end up with a conflict?

~Nick

[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.
SENIOR ENGINEER