[Equest-users] Boundary condition for a seismic gap

Jason Quinn jason.e.quinn at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 14:33:23 PDT 2012

The cavity between them is vented along the top.

These are existing buildings but putting a data logger in and pulling
out temperatures is not going to happen due to cost and there aren't
any windows. (I've seen that before too - made me smile.)

I've been asked to calculate the loads for the new HVAC with planned
significant envelope upgrades (they are actually going to insulate the
walls and put in double glazing). I've been running loads in both
eQuest and HAP and wanted to try and model the wall "right".

I'm going to try the easy stuff first: adiabatic, exterior wall with
no sun, and then play with another unconditioned space like Nick and
Vikram suggested.

Thank you for the great feedback - I don't think I would've thought of
just trying an exterior wall with no sun exposure.

Jason Quinn