[Equest-users] eQUEST Roof Question

Jain, Sunayana sjain at ftch.com
Fri Mar 2 12:45:00 PST 2012

When upper floors of a building are not superimposing the lower floors, how is the exposed roof area situation modeled in eQUEST?
 If I select "No exterior Exposure (adiabatic)" in roof construction at wizard stage, it will delete the whole upper layer of the roof as in the below image (left) and if I select exposed roof construction type at wizard, it will lead to overestimation of exposed roof area as in below image (right).
Please let me know the best way to model exposed roof in this situation. If I go for separate building shell specifically for roof, will the model be correctly taking into account the conduction through exposed roof area?
Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sunayana Jain