[Equest-users] New Model Invalid Error

Garrett Elder glelder89 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 14:18:54 PST 2012

Hi All,

I have created a new model and stacked shells on top of one another to
create a 13 story building. I have no warnings or errors when I finish as I
leave the wizards. When I re-enter the wizards and change my roof, wall, or
floor constructions I get an invalid arguement, but I can close and re-open
with no problems. I know this usually means there is a small error that the
program is not actually picking up, but I do not know where to start
looking for this problem. Or could I just ignore this invalid arguement
because I can still run the simulation and get results. I've read in the
archives about this topic and they are helpful in explain it could be the
roof because my shells are stacked. Could I fix this by unstacking my
shells and have them beside eachother all in the model and defining them
individually, would this give the same results since the same area would be
difined and my exporsures would be defined either as exposed or adibatic.
That idea may be a little far out there but at this point I'm willing to
try just about anything to fix this.

Thanks
Garrett