[Equest-users] Errors happened when modeling Skyscrapers in eQuest

Jimmy Ching Hin LAW jimmylawsmart at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 14 19:05:45 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I got 20000+ errors when modeling an 71-levels office building and they
were almost the same as "... has maximum number of expressions dependency lists
..." . I think it might exceed the maximum size of building that eQuest can
calculate. Is there any solution to fix it?

Actrually I found there was a email which mentioned some sort of problem as
mine before and gave a solution by Mr. Scott Criswell as below, but I still have
problem to fix it.

http://lists.onebuilding.org/pipermail/equest-users-onebuilding.org/2010-May/004445.html

1. As shown in the email,
"I added the following line immediately before the trailing '..' of
the
Project component definition in the project's PD2 file:
   DetailedModelEdits
= 1
   ProjTreeType = ( 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 )
   ProjTreeID = ( 10240000,
10081500, 10280021, 10640002, 10480018,
                  10280020 )

ProjTreeLabel = ( "...", "...", "...", "...", "...", "..." )
   MaxExpDeps =
10
   ..
   "
where should this code be put? I have tried somewhere for a few time but
eQuest couldn't run this file and made some error.

2 I do not quite understand the words "blasted all "C-" keyword default
expressions" in eQ Data>\DOE-2\BDLDft.dat (modified version
attached) .
Does it mean to delete them? Which exact default expressions should be fixed
like that?

Thank you. That will be great if there is any other solution to fix the
error.

Regards,Jimmy

Jimmy Law
Mechanical