[Equest-users] Green Roof - eQuest style

CleanTech Analytics jeremiah at cleantechanalytics.com
Thu Mar 1 07:08:18 PST 2012

John,
I advise you to use a more modern software that has the ability to
correctly simulate the effects of a Green Roof rather then some wacky
eQuest work around. Professor David Sailor of Portland State
University developed
the Green Roof object for Energy Plus that uses a
a finite difference algorithm and works well. The problem with eQuest/DOE2
is that it is based on a conduction transfer algorithm, and can not really
emulate the effects of a Green Roof. If you need the easy to use inputs, I
suggest Design Builder to generate the Energy Plus file.

Best of luck, and feel free to ask if you need more about EP/DB..

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 6:04 AM, John Aulbach <jra_sac at yahoo.com> wrote:

> OK, my fellow Raiders of the Lost BTU..
>
> What would be your advice for developing a green roof in eQuest? I am sure
> some of you have gone through the USGBC with hopes of getting this approved.
>
> I eagerly await your suggestions with thanks.
>
> John Aulbach
> Partner Energy

*Jeremiah D. Crossett*
*CleanTech Analytics*
*503-688-8951*
*www.cleantechanalytics.com* <http://www.cleantechanalytics.com>

*

This document may contain valuable information proprietary to CleanTech
Analytics which is private and confidential. It may not be shared, copied,
stored or transmitted in any form without the prior written consent of
CleanTech Analytics
*