[Equest-users] Green Roof - eQuest style

Design Builder USA jcrossett at designbuilderusa.com
Mon Mar 5 08:54:38 PST 2012

Dear Vikram & eQuest list,

I have recently taken a position with Design Builder USA, and want to make
it clear that I am an agent of the company.

Also I want to be clear that I am an eQuest user, that I learned building
energy simulation with a combination of eQuest and Energy Plus and that I
joined the eQuest and Energy Plus lists before I was hired at Design
Builder.
I apologise if there was any confusion of my role, when posting and
referencing design builder, and in the future if I am going to advocate for
design builder I will send the email from my design builder USA email
account.
It is not my intention to use the list as a sales method for design
builder, rather when I see posts that I may have useful insight to I
attempt to help by posting my thoughts. Sometimes my thoughts may advocate
for Design Builder, Energy Plus, Ope Studio, AECOSIM, ECOTECH, TRNSYS,
ESP-r, or some other simulation tool, tho from my research Design Builder
in tandem with Energy Plus is the best tool on the market for many uses. I
am personally teaching myself all of the simulation tools, attempt to
advocate for the right tool for the job, and try very hard not to allow my
affiliations effect my advise. I am also an Energy Modeler, currently the
energy modeler for 3 registered LEED projects, and the dedicated energy
modeler for Phase Change Energy Solutions working various projects globally
that are modeling their BioPCM product.

I am on all of the SIM lists, and sometimes see projects, or modelers that
would be a better fit for eQuest, and do at some points advise people to
start with eQuest, (for instance when someone is just geting started, or
when the model is  for EEM's only)

Like many people on this list I where many hats, and will from this point
forward be sure to be very clear of my perspective when posting, and if I
mention design builder will use my company email...

Thank you to all in the Simulation community, and happy modeling!

--
      Jeremiah D. Crossett
   Energy Modeling Consultant