[Equest-users] Chiller AND Central CHW Plant

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Fri Mar 9 10:31:11 PST 2012

Using /equipment controls/ you can specify when the chiller and when the
chilled water meter satisfy the load under different load conditions.
However, as you are looking for seasonal control, you will need to set
up a /load management/ for the chilled water loop.  Load management lets
you specify which equipment control strategy is in control based on a
schedule, loop load, zone temp or OAT.  So you will have 2 equipment
controls - 1 where the chilled water meter serves the loop and 1 where
the building chiller serves (you also can have a combination).  You will
also have a load management which points to the chilled water meter
equip control in the summer (based on a schedule or OAT) and to the
chiller equip control in the winter.

I do not believe you can have multiple chilled water coils in eQUEST AHUs.

Brian