[Equest-users] Understanding BEPU for GG set and VAM

Anup Rathi anup at kalpakrit.com
Fri Mar 16 05:33:16 PDT 2012

Hello Friends,

I am modelling an office building which is run on electricity generated
by natural gas fired generators (say, NGG). The exhaust heat is being
used to run a 2-stage absorption chiller to provide complete space
cooling for the building. However I have modeled exhaust heat as heat
recovered in a hot water loop which also had to be supplemented by a
boiler since eQUEST cannot model it without.

Now the issues are:

1. Is this a good way to model the cooling? I will appreciate any
nuances if someone can share those with me.

I would like to re-frame the second issue stated yesterday again:

2. EGen (electricity utility meter), ESrp (electricity surplus meter)
and FInp (naturral gas utility meter) are allocated to the NGG. FM1
(naturral gas utility meter) is attached to the hot water loop heat
recovery from the NGG. Another meter "EM3" is an electricity sub meter
to EGen utility meter. EGen is reporting part consumption 6XXXXX kWh of
all electricity usage in the building as per the BEPU report versus the
PS-F report shows that must show the complete energy consumption of the
building (both EGen and EM3 submeter, explained above) show 39XXXXX kWh.
Now the big questions are :

  * What energy is the EGen indicating as the fraction (almost 1/6th in
    BEPS/ BEPU) of the total energy consumption reported in PS-F for
    both EGen and EM3 meters?
  * If it is the additional energy requirement, then why is surplus
    meter showing any reading at all?

After re-reading my question on the post, I felt it was a bit confusing,
thus resending this in a more crisper language.
Thanks and I look forward,
Anup Rathi"

--
Kind Regards