[Equest-users] Problem in simulate a heat-pump chiller with cooling tower

Jimmy Law lawchh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 06:13:49 PDT 2012

Thanks Brain. I tried your advice and it can be excellent if I was modelling a proposed building. However, I am modelling an existing building with a fluid cooling tower. The hear pump chiller could not be connected to this CW loop if I make it connected to a 2-pipe loop. So is there any solution for that?

AndI am still not quite sure which chiller type should be use in this case, since it is a electric screw chiller. Is it correct that it shoule be better choose Loop-Loop Heat Pump or just Heat Pump to make it connected to all CHW, CW and HW loops?

Thank you.

Regards,
Jimmy

Jimmy Ching Hin LAW
Mechanical Engineer, LEED Green Associate
Email: lawchh at gmail.com