[Equest-users] Heat Exchanger added to simple SD model with DOAS added - 3000% increase in energy for fans

Sami, Vikram Vikram.Sami at perkinswill.com
Fri Mar 30 07:50:06 PDT 2012

The issue might be that you haven't specified any controls on your ERV. Its on float with no capacity control.

On another note - one of the issues with the DOAS-Dummy zone approach is when you have a heat recovery systems attached to the DOAS. When you have a system borrowing air from another system, eQUEST cannot model heat exchange between the two. You need to figure out a way to trick the program into accounting for the actual heat exchange (possibly with a phantom internal load in the dummy zone).

Hope this helps.

Vikram Sami, LEED AP BD+C
Sustainable Design Analyst
1315 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30309
t: 404-443-7462    f: 404.892.5823       e: vikram.sami at perkinswill.com   www.perkinswill.com
Perkins+Will.  Ideas + buildings that honor the broader goals of society