[Equest-users] Energy consumption Contrast between CAV & VAV system

Jiao, Joey Joey.Jiao at WSPGroup.com.cn
Mon May 7 04:33:21 PDT 2012

Hi, All:

I make a simple model to check how much energy does the VAV system can saving.

The result shows like below:

Something puzzle me :

1.       Also the fan power increase a lot , how could both Space cooling & Space heating decrease? I set both of the 2 models the same T-schedule and the same Fan power. Maybe the Space Heating can be understand by the fan △T, but how I can’t explain the cooling decrease.

2.       I just set CAV as single zone with reheat and constant Volume, is that right?

Any suggestion should be appreciation.

Thanks a lot.

Joey