[Equest-users] LEED compliance Analysis

Michele P michelepaccaloni at live.it
Fri May 11 02:47:46 PDT 2012

Hello All, I'm making a school project for which I need to perform a LEED Compliance analysis V3.0.I modelled a part of the Proposed building (including fenestration locations exactly as in architectural drawings) and let the compliance analysis run in order to obtain the LEED baseline building. This last one has the same windows location of the proposed building, so I'm wondering why they didn't change... they don't have to be distributed uniformly in horizontal bands across 4 orientations?! Here is an extract from the standard: ASHRAE 90.1.2004 ___ appendix G ___ table G3.1 c. Vertical FenestrationVertical fenestration areas for new buildings and additions shall equal that in the proposed design or 40% of gross above grade wall area, whichever is smaller, and shall be distributed on each face of the building in the same proportions in the proposed design.

Thanks in advanceMichele P.