[Equest-users] Extraction System question

Dakota Kelley dakotak at teliospc.com
Thu Nov 8 07:35:05 PST 2012

Andres,

By extraction only, I assume you mean exhaust air only.

The closest option is to go to the Zone\Outdoor Air tab\Exhaust Air and define your exhaust fan parameters. This is basically the same as a room-level exhaust fan. Note, however, that DOE2.2 works on a thermal balance approach and does not provide for negative pressurization, so defining room-level exhaust may increase the outside air intake on the parent system.

You cannot define exhaust-only at the system level because eQUEST will not allow the supply air to be set to zero. I believe 10 CFM is the lowest possible value.

Good luck,
Dakota

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CDBD94.55A7EB50]

DAKOTA KELLEY
Director of Facility Consulting

Office:    214.744.6199
Cell:       214.280.3825
Fax:        214.744.0770
3535 Travis Street, Suite 115
Dallas, Texas 75204

dakotak at teliospc.com<mailto:dakotak at teliospc.com>
www.teliospc.com<mailto:www.teliospc.com>

[cid:image003.png at 01CDBD94.55A7EB50]<https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/TELIOS-Corporation/144924313318?sk=app_4949752878>[cid:image004.png at 01CDBD94.55A7EB50]<http://www.linkedin.com/company/telios---mep-consulting-design-engineers>

MEP ENGINEERING * ENERGY MODELING * LEED CONSULTATION * COMMISSIONING

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you
are not the intended recipient, please email the sender immediately, and delete this email from all computers.  Any
distribution or other use is strictly prohibited.  Copyright © 2012 Telios Corporation