[Equest-users] 90.1 Low-Rise Reidential Buildings Definition

Paul Diglio paul.diglio at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 28 15:25:20 PST 2012

Steve:

Yes my understanding is that dormitories and hotels use 90.1.  If you look at
90.2-2004 you will see that that standard defines multi-family building as
containing living units.  Each living unit must contain provisions for living,
sleeping, cooking and sanitation, which are not available in most dorms or hotel
room.

I have submitted dorms less than 3 stories to LEED modeled to 90.1-2004 Appendix
G and the model was accepted.

You can view 90.2-2004 by using Realread.  Just google realread 90.2-2004 and
you should find the link.  You need to have Java installed.  You can read the
full standard but cannot print it.

 Paul Diglio, CEM, CBCP

87 Fairmont Avenue
New Haven, CT  06513