[Equest-users] ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G Proposed Model

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Mon Oct 8 05:52:24 PDT 2012

Pete,

Before increasing the proposed design heating capacity, I would consider other changes you can make to the model:

*         Increase the process/plug loads (after all, it is a manufacturing facility)

*         Decrease the heating thermostat setpoint (70F or less)

*         If you have nighttime setback, create a morning warm-up period

*         Increase the thermostat throttling range a few degrees (reflecting less "comfort" but resulting in fewer unmet hours; IMO a last resort before adding heating capacity)
Note that you would make the same changes in the baseline for any/all of these suggestions.

Regards,
Bill

[Senior Energy Engineer 28Jun2012]<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>