[Equest-users] database of materials

David Griffin dgriffin at etcgrp.com
Mon Oct 15 13:40:09 PDT 2012

You can also add the constructions/layers/materials to your eQuest library file (eQ_lib.dat). If you are not use to working with the library file, I suggest you confirm all constructions via a 'shoe box' model before you implement them in an actual project. I have included a sample library entry for your benefit.

Material
$LIBRARY-ENTRY Steel Wall Mat 2B Stucco        MAT             90.1 04 Steel Wall
$Steel Wall Mat 2B Stucco,
TYPE=PROPERTIES TH=0.0833 COND=0.4167 DENS=116 S-H=0.2  ..

Layer
$LIBRARY-ENTRY 90.1 Steel Framed Wall 5B Lay   LA              ETC Code Walls
 MAT=("Steel Wall Mat 5B Stucco",
         "Steel Wall Mat 5B Rigid Foam", "Steel Wall Mat 5B Vary Insul",
         "Steel Wall Mat 5B plywd 5/8", "Steel Wall Mat 5B Assembly",
         "Steel Wall Mat 5B GypBd 1/2")
 TH=( &D, &D, {.00001} )                   ..

Construction
$LIBRARY-ENTRY 90.1 Steel Framed Wall 5B Cons  CONSTRUCTION    ETC Code Walls
         TYPE = LAYERS
         LAYERS = "90.1 Steel Framed Wall 5B Lay" ..

Thanks,

David Griffin
Energy Analyst
ETC Group, LLC
801.278.1927 ext. 128
Cell 480.235.0899
Fax 801.486.0668
dgriffin at etcgrp.com<mailto:dgriffin at etcgrp.com>

[Copy of ETC_LogoOnly2_rgb_sm.png]
1997 South 1100 East, Suite 201, Salt Lake City, UT 84106-4471 - www.etcgrp.com<http://www.etcgrp.com/>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain confidential information that is legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by telephone at (801) 278-1927 and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them. Thank you.