[Equest-users] VRF performance curves

Paul Riemer Paul.Riemer at dunhameng.com
Tue Oct 16 09:26:34 PDT 2012

An interesting quote about VRF from this month's cover article in Engineered Systems<http://www.esmagazine.com/articles/95665-how-the-culture-of-inefficiency-is-outfoxing-leed-ashrae-and-efficiency-programs>:
"After several meeting with the design firm to discuss the selection of the VRF system, it became clear to our team that the designers only understood that the system was known to be a cutting-edge energy efficiency technology. They did not fully understand how it achieved its claimed energy savings and left the majority of the designing tasks to the vendor selling the equipment."

Paul Riemer, PE, LEED AP BD+C
DUNHAM