[Equest-users] Building Walls

Peter Hillermann peterh at westallarchitects.com
Mon Sep 10 11:02:23 PDT 2012

To All:

A general piece of information I got from our engineer when we had done the
energy model for LEED and something to look out for. He let me know that in
the baseline for wall construction to make sure you add in the air film
(inside and out) otherwise LEED has an issue with your submission.

Our exact comment was this:

The Baseline Case roof and exterior wall U-values reported in Table 1.4.1A
(U-0.048 and U-0.065, respectively) are

inconsistent with the U-values reported in the LV-D report (U-0.054 and
U-0.063, respectively). Please ensure consistency

across construction drawings, software summaries, and the EAp2 Template.

Hope it helps.

I also don't know if anyone has this summarized, because I used the baseline
walls from this forum that someone had posted and that was the response.

PS: Thank you to this forum, we ended up getting LEED Certified.

Thanks,

PETER HILLERMANN

 <mailto:peterh at westallarchitects.com> peterh at westallarchitects.com

westall