[Equest-users] Two heat source loops attached to heat pump

John Shen johnshen1 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 17 15:27:22 PDT 2012

I am having some difficulties figuring out a proper way to model the following system and am wondering if I could acquire some input.
The system has two circulation loops, one loop serving Heat pumps in individual zones (loop A), another loop serves unit heaters, fan coils etc in zones (Loop B). When Loop A has high loop temperature it rejects heat to loop B via water loop heat pumps. Since both these loops provide zone heating I don't believe there is a straight forward way for eQUEST to model this as loop to loop heat pumps require HW loop and CHW loop, and heat pumps require a Lake/well loop.
John