[Equest-users] What is Baseline Standard for Singapore Buildings

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Thu Sep 20 20:04:11 PDT 2012

Nimesh,

Are you trying to apply ASHRAE 90.1 for a building in Singapore?  I think you should check
first the commercial building energy standard in Singapore, instead.  However, if  you do
want to do a simulation in accordance to the ECB method in ASHRAE 90.1, the Reference
Building should be architecturally the same as your Proposed Building, but with shell
conditions as prescribed in the standard for the appropriate Climate Zone, which for
Singapore must be Climate Zone 1.  For more information on ASHRAE 90.1 modeling rules,
please look at the ECB chapter (Chapter 11 in the 2004 version, my latest) of the standard.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D