[Equest-users] DHW savings not for LEED?

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Tue Sep 25 06:53:43 PDT 2012

Hi Tim,

"Domestic Hot Water" is coined "Service Hot Water" in 90.1.  Check out Table G3.1, section 11 to start.  Baseline efficiencies and such are sourced from chapter 7.

The LEED EAp2 excel template (last I used it - it's a living document that changes over time) includes inputs to describe what's modeled for proposed/baseline service hot water systems.   The EAc1 template is set up to permit you to show differing consumptions for proposed vs. baseline in regards to service hot water.

If the proposed system is better than the minimum requirements for efficiency and/or standby losses (as applicable), you should be able to demonstrate some savings.

Best of luck!

~Nick
[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.