[Equest-users] OA-FROM-SYSTEM

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Tue Sep 25 11:37:51 PDT 2012

Hi Rodrigo,

As a general rule, do not feel compelled to use every input available.  It is perfectly normal for many inputs to not apply for a given project - what's appropriate is ultimately a decision the modeler has to make for his/her own model.  A balanced approach is to learn about/review and make a conscious decision to use or not use a specific inputs as they come up.

OA-FROM-SYSTEM specifically causes ventilation OA quantities for the child zones to be conditioned/dehumidified by another system.  Right-click that field and read the corresponding help entries for more information.  It is useful for specific system scenarios and approximations, but does not apply to every building.  Many discussions regarding OA-FROM-SYSTEM are available for further reading in the mailing list archives, if needed.

Hope that helps!

~Nick
[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.