[Equest-users] Cooling/Heating Capacity Ratios - LEED Report?

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Wed Apr 10 13:04:29 PDT 2013

Hi folks,

I have a seemingly simple LEED comment which has been causing me to chase my tail this afternoon.  I feel like this should be really easy to document in a crystal-clear fashion, but I must be missing something:

The Task:
Document with clarity that the baseline system cooling and heating capacities are using the 1.15 and 1.25 (respectively) capacity sizing ratios as prescribed in 90.1 Appendix G.

Intuitively, I have a sense we should be able to simply and directly reference one or a series of the *.SIM reports to substantiate the systems are oversized by the appropriate factors.  After spending some time digging through the reports and associated help documentation however, I'm empty-handed and do not think the actual ratio inputs (COOL-SIZING-RATI / HEAT-SIZING-RATI) are reported.

Further, I tried deriving the oversizing ratio between a system's annual PEAK  (re: report SS-P) and calculated system capacity (report SV-A) as reported... but the math doesn't quite work out!  It's the right ballpark, but I don't think I can write the difference off as a rounding error...

The Solution(?):
For now, I can just provide screen grabs illustrating the inputs in eQuest's spreadsheet view with relative ease, but if this is possible to document by assembling/referencing one or more additional reports for future models I'd prefer to adopt that in practice and avoid the same question down the road.  If I have some misunderstanding or new nuance to learn about the reports that would be worthwhile as well =).

Any suggestions/experience?

Thanks in advance!

~Nick

[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]