[Equest-users] centrifugal no VFD 350T vs. 350 ton turbocor w/custom curves

Nikola Kravik NKravik at willdan.com
Thu Apr 11 00:03:08 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to quantify savings for subbing the old 350 ton chillers x2, with new 350 T turbocor compressors with custom curves from Manufacturer.
It' s mainly office bld with small 400kw load on the bottom level

-When I run the parametric run changing only the first 3 parametric components I get additional 450k KWh savings about 35% of baseline cooling
-When I add the 3 custom curves (Cap, EIR, EIRPLR&dt) I created by data points I get negative 200k penalty.

Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong or missing? Is it the controls/staging or the data points/coefficients?
I tried to do manual input instead of parametric, but model keeps crashing.

I appreciate your guidance.

Thank you,
Nikola

[cid:image001.png at 01CE3646.33CD0D50]

Nikola Kravik, LEED AP
Project Engineer

Please note our new address as of April 1st:
Willdan Energy Solutions
6120 Stoneridge Mall Road, Suite 250
Pleasanton, CA 94588
T. 925.416.4200 ext. 1228