[Equest-users] Caution Message

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Tue Apr 9 06:44:22 PDT 2013

Rakesh,

The FC-Fan-w/Dampers curve determines fan power as a function of part load. I'm guessing that the system that you have applied this curve to has a MAX-FAN-RATIO greater than one, which is causing the output of the curve to exceed the OUTPUT-MAX.
The OUTPUT-MAX for the curve is 1.05, as shown on the warning message and in the curve properties dialog box (see below).
The warning message is showing that the fan power is being limited to the maximum allowable by the curve. The flow through the supply fan is exceeding 100% of design value, but the power is not increased accordingly.
You can reduce the MAX-FAN-RATIO to 1.0 assuming the fan is limited in that way. Alternatively, you could increase the curve OUTPUT-MAX, either in the library curve or by creating a new curve as I have shown below. This will extrapolate values of the curve beyond their intended range, so the accuracy of the fan power at greater than design flow may be a little off, but it is certainly better than not making any changes.

Regards,
Bill

[cid:image004.jpg at 01CE3506.D06292C0]

[cid:image006.jpg at 01CE3506.D06292C0]

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, LEED AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects LLP
Senior Energy Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street                 Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114            F: (585) 325-6005
wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>           www.pathfinder-ea.com<http://www.pathfinder-ea.com/>
P   Sustainability - the forest AND the trees. P