[Equest-users] LEED Fenestration Modeling Question

Robby Oylear robbyoylear at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 09:56:14 PDT 2013

Just as an aside, in Seattle we've been dealing with NFRC requirements for
at least the last six years.  Our local energy code requires NFRC
certification for all glazing products, otherwise you must use similar
default values to ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix A which obviously costs the project
money making up for the terrible default values.

The way to get proper NFRC values is to inform the architects about the
requirements for a LEED project and make sure the project specifications
require the curtainwall manufacturer to provide an NFRC certified product.
 This usually comes in the form of an NFRC Simulation Report which is a
preliminary simulation that is certified prior to installation on the site.

For more information on how the City of Seattle enforces these requirements
you can read the following:
http://www.seattle.gov/dpd/publications/cam/cam403.pdf

[image: Inline image 1]