[Equest-users] How to set the COP of a chiller as constant in eQuest?

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Wed Apr 17 12:17:00 PDT 2013

Do you not have a copy of a DOE-2.2 or DOE-2.1E manual? That would make it hard to
understand how DOE-2 works.
DOE-2 has many performance curves, depending on the type of equipment. The EIR-FT curves
are either bi-linear or bi-quadratic functions of the entering wetbulb and outdoor drybulb
temperature. The EIR-FPLR curves can be linear, quadratic, or cubic functions of the Part
Load Ratio (PLR).

By the way,what I said yesterday was in reference to packaged SYSTEMS. If your model
contains a PLANT model with a Chiller, then
the keywords for the chiller performance curves change somewhat.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D