[Equest-users] [EXTERNAL] Re: Open Letter to LEED Energy Model Reviewers (UNCLASSIFIED)

Sami, Vikram vikram.sami at zgf.com
Tue Aug 20 10:33:14 PDT 2013

I think everyone who has submitted a number of LEED models in the past has gone through one or more inane review comment. It is frustrating, but I can feel a little sympathy for the reviewers - its not that easy checking a submittal without having all the data at hand, and sometimes you are liable to miss stuff that has been submitted too. I always make it a practice to warn clients beforehand that the EAc1 submittal always come back with comments - that way when they do (and they always do) you don't lose credibility.

As a side note to reviewers who might be on the list - what might help is that when there is a misstep in the review comments, please be as open to admitting that you have made a mistake with your comments as we are about accepting when we have legitimately made errors in our models. No one is perfect and I can safely say that I have made mistakes in an EAc1 submittal in the past. What is frustrating is when you have to go back and forth a few times before getting matters resolved. What would be nice (and would probably save time all round) is if I could put down my phone number with the submittal and have the reviewer call me to clarify any minor issues with the submittal.

***Sigh***

Vikram Sami
Associate Partner

ZGF ARCHITECTS LLP