[Equest-users] ERV Effectiveness

Jeremy McClanathan jmcclanathan at CDiengineers.com
Mon Jan 7 10:14:22 PST 2013

I would check the OSA and Exhaust airflow rates through the heat exchanger.  Maybe set them manually.  I have found that eQuest does not always size them how I thought they would be sized.
Jeremy

Jeremy McClanathan, P.E., BEMP, HFDP, LEED(r) AP
[cid:image002.jpg at 01CDECBF.C344D830]
19203 36th Avenue W, Suite 200, Lynnwood, WA 98036
P 425-672-1071 | F 425-778-8769

From: Joe Bliss [mailto:JBliss at B2Qassociates.com]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 9:18 AM
To: equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: [Equest-users] ERV Effectiveness

Hello All,

I set my sensible and latent effectiveness for my ERV at 50% each, but when I trend those points, the maximum value is only about 7%? Any ideas what might be causing that? When I restore default (I think 74%/76%), I get a maximum effectiveness of around 28%. Other inputs shown below. (The schedule is set to only allow the ERV when the unit is in 100% OA mode.)

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CDECBF.C344D830]

Thank you,
Joe

Joe Bliss
Designer
B2Q Associates, Inc.
146 Main Street #2
North Andover, MA 01845
Office: 978.208.0609 x210
Mobile: 774.277.0662
Fax: 978.719.6339
www.b2qassociates.com<http://www.b2qassociates.com/>

The contents of this e-mail and any attachments are confidential and the property of the B2Q Associates, Inc. The e-mail contents are only to be used by the intended recipient of the e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient then use, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on the e-mail is prohibited. All professional advice from us should be obtained in writing (not e-mail).

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged information, as well as content subject to copyright and other intellectual laws.  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose, use, copy, or distribute the email message or its attachments.  If you believe you have received this email message in error, please contact the sender by reply email, immediately delete this email and destroy copies.