[Equest-users] Modeling Fume Hoods

Neil Bulger nbulger at integralgroup.com
Thu Jan 10 08:21:18 PST 2013

Matt, exhaust fans are best modeled at the zone level of the air side hvac. They can be controlled independently of the supply system or linked. These zone fans can also be set to makeup any additional air needed to maintain stack velocity.

I would recommend closely reading the equest help section on zone exhaust. A lot of the common terms in design do not match the equest terminology. Note, this model would not allow for any exhaust heat recovery if that is in the design.

-Neil Bulger

Sent from my iPhone