[Equest-users] Industrial Process Energy Saving Opportunities - What is the Baseline?

Ömer Moltay omoltay at mimtarch.com
Fri Jul 12 13:30:46 PDT 2013

Dear All,

For a factory building to be LEED certified, we need to show energy
savings through energy modeling with eQuest. However, since these have
to be calculated with exceptional calculation methodologies, I would
like to get your opinions on how to define baselines for the following
common energy saving opportunities and to what extent these should be
simulated within the eQuest model.

- VSD compressors in a compressed air system,
- Compressed air storage for a compressed air system,
- Lower pressures for a compressed air system,
- Heat recovery from process operations to be used in space heating,
- Heat recovery from process operations to be used in other processes.

Thanks,

Ömer Moltay, LEED AP BD+C, ASHRAE BEMP, ASHRAE CPMP, BREEAM Assessor
Mimta EkoYapi
Hekimsuyu Cad. 559. Sk. No:39
34255 Kucukkoy Istanbul Turkey
Tel: 90-212-617-2296