[Equest-users] LS-C Roof load? / OA Ventilation load?

David Eldridge DEldridge at grummanbutkus.com
Thu Jun 13 08:55:01 PDT 2013

If there is an unconditioned plenum/attic above the space then heat gain into the space will be through internal surface conduction (ceiling of the space into the floor of the attic/plenum).

That appears to also be zero for this space however....you might need to elaborate on how this space is configured as far as how the roof is connected or not connected to the space.

eQUEST doesn't directly report a ventilation load, the reports are only for loads placed on AHU coils. There are some messages in the archive that discuss different approaches to quantifying that number.

David

David S. Eldridge, Jr., P.E., LEED AP BD+C, BEMP, BEAP, HBDP
Grumman/Butkus Associates